Water Plant Mechanic
Notice of Job Opening
Date: March 20, 2019
Employee in this position performs a wide variety of tasks related to the repair, maintenance, and installation of water plant and pump station equipment. Some after hours and weekend work may be required during emergency situations. Employee reports to the Water Plant Manager.
Examples of Work
- Inspects, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs machinery and equipment including pumps, valves, motors, engines, piping, wiring, switchgear, and control systems.
- Performs regularly scheduled preventative maintenance on plant and pump station equipment.
- Maintains accurate and detailed logs of maintenance work.
- Interfaces with plant operators to address equipment problems.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of tools and supplies necessary for maintenance work.
- Keeps work areas clean and orderly.
- Assists with housekeeping tasks.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of safety rules and regulations related to confined spaces, hazardous work environments with toxic materials, and the use of personal protective equipment.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals.
- Skill in the use, purpose, and maintenance of necessary hand tools.
- Ability to perform heavy physical labor in maintenance situations as required.
- Ability to work in a positive and helpful way with other plant employees.
- Ability to work independently and use good judgment in the absence of specific instruction.
- Knowledge of mechanical, plumbing, control, and electrical systems used in water plants.
- Ability to use a computer to maintain and update records.
- Ability to work in unusual elements such as high temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, loud noises, and tight spaces.
Necessary Training & Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Two years experience in a water plant or industrial environment maintaining mechanical, electrical, and electronic equipment.
- Valid Georgia driver's license
General Online Application
If you have any additional questions please email or call Human Resources: +1 706 883 2037, firstname.lastname@example.org