Notice of Job Opening
Date: January 26, 2023
Department: IT - Telecommunications
Exp Date: Until Filled
Annual Salary: Min-$66,102 Max-$112,445
- Manages all employees in the telecommunications department providing direction, training, work flow procedures and improvements.
- Oversees Sales, Marketing, Contracts, and Billing for telecommunications services.
- Prepares pricing schedule based on input from sales and marketing.
- Engineering, Design, Installation, and Maintenance of outside plant fiber optic telecommunications systems and cabling.
- Prepares annual departmental budget.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with all FCC, GA PSC, and other agencies.
- Works directly with customers to advise them on services and resolve issues.
- Manages Co-location Facility
- Plans and implements fiber cable and equipment capacity upgrades and grooms.
- Provides project management for all new installations and maintenance.
- Provides Tier III escalation support for all trouble tickets.
- Prepare GA DOT work permits and applications for easements, encroachments, and use of public right of ways.
- Bachelor’s degree in Network Engineering, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years experience with SONET, PON, FTTH, Layer2 & Layer 3 System Design, and outside plant design.
- 10+ years financial planning for telecommunications systems
- Possess a valid Driver's license, good driving record, and a dependable mode of transportation.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design & troubleshooting of Layer II & Layer III to include LAN/WAN technologies, routers, switches, Ethernet, VLANs, and COS to deliver high speed Internet, voice, and carrier grade Ethernet loops, utilizing PON technology.
- Class IV/V Phone Switch Design and Troubleshooting experience. Advanced ability to navigate through translation tables, create trunk groups, evaluate & cure voice quality issues. Working knowledge of PSTN to include SS7, CNAM/LIDB, 911, and porting.
- Advanced knowledge of voice service delivery including analog phone & hosted PBX, H.248, SIP, PRI, SS7, trunks, hunt groups, paging groups, DID/Non-DID, CNAM, auto-attendant, and voicemail systems.
- Experience with design of Fiber Optic Cable outside plant, fiber splicing using NESC codes, CAT5/6 wiring, and other Central Office wiring for data and power.
- Ability to work directly with customers to resolve issues and requests while displaying customer courtesy & professionalism, with a focus on customer satisfaction and retention
- Ability to troubleshoot multivendor, multicarrier issues, multitask and navigate between divergent systems
- Ability to logically analyze and clearly document problems and decide on the best course of action.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work on own initiative, good team worker, freely shares information
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills, uses full suite of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
- Experience with SQL databases, permissions, structure, and report writing
- Experience with financial planning and budgeting.
Desirable Training and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Business and/or Finance
- Registered Professional Engineer with the State of Georgia
- Certifications: Cisco CCNA, Cisco CCNP, CompTIA A+/Network+
- Advanced knowledge of CALIX C7, E7, P-series ONTs deployed in active Ethernet & GPON architectures, and E5-308 & E5-520
- Advanced knowledge of E911 translations to include knowledge of the MSAG & MetaSwitch Softswitch training and experience including UMG, CFS, EAS, Perimeta SBC, SAS, & MetaView.
- ANI/ALI requirements needed to support E911.
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco ASR & Catalyst Switches
- MapCom M4 Documentation system experience
- Experience interpreting and writing contracts.
- Certification or vendor training on any of the equipment / technologies above
Ability to perform the essential functions of the job including ability to exert moderate, though not constant physical
effort, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
crawling and which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling objects and materials of light weight (1-20lbs).
Most work will be performed in an office environment. Some work is performed in an outdoor field environment. This results
in exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, noxious odors, gases, mechanical and electrical hazards, hazardous
traffic and all types of weather/temperature conditions. Ability to walk on various types of surfaces including slippery and uneven surfaces, as well as, rough terrain.
General Online Application
If you have any additional questions please email or call Human Resources: +1 706 883 2037, email@example.com